Fishing Tournament Rules:
1. The Tournament rules may be changed any time through the conclusion of the Captain’s Meeting. Our Captain’s Meeting is Friday May 8th 7th, 2020, is mandatory for each boat/team.
2. Pete’s Pier King of The Bay Fishing is an overall total combined weight-
3. Limited Eligible species to One Redfish and Five Trout. Eligible Redfish must measure 18”-
4. Every boat/team must be paid and registered prior to midnight Friday, May 8th, 2020. No refund of entry fees unless the tournament committee cancels the tournament. The entire team (all of the anglers fishing the tournament for the team) must be declared on the registration form. Definition of Team: Captains will determine number up to maximum capacity of their vessel, kayaks are considered a vessel and only can have as many anglers as one vessel permits (combining multiple kayaks is not permitted) if fishing from land your team will have a max of 2 anglers on your team.
5. Fishing starts at 7:00 am Saturday, May 9th, 2020. No lines in the water prior to this time.
6. Tournament Boundaries: North: Cedar Key South: Tarpon Springs No more than 30 miles west. All fish must be caught in the Gulf of Mexico.
7. All fish must be caught with hand held rods and reels. No electric reels.
8. Two or more boats coming in physical contact during fishing hours in any manner will be disqualified. A boat rendering assistance to another boat will not be disqualified in the case of an emergency at sea, such as onboard fire, sinking, medical emergencies, etc. Any boat/team that receives assistance, other than outlined previously, from another boat will be disqualified from the tournament.
9. This is a captain’s choice tournament. Therefore it is up to the discretion of the registered captain to determine whether his or her craft is seaworthy for existing sea conditions. Participants are encouraged to scan channel 16, in addition to the tournament channel (68) to keep abreast of any marine or weather warnings. The captain is responsible for all members of his/her crew both on and off the water.
10. Teams / Anglers must be in weigh-
11. Redfish and Trout may be brought to the weigh-
(1) Eligible Redfish must measure 18”-
12. No rotten or mutilated fish will be weighed in. All fish weighed become property of Pete’s Pier Marina. Unwanted fish may be donated and every fish need to be properly iced and cared for.
13. Any Redfish and Trout weighed-
14. Protests made to the tournament committee shall be accompanied by $500 cash deposit. A protest must be presented no later than 30 minutes after the last fish is weighed. The $500 cash deposit will be returned if the protest is upheld by the tournament committee. The $500 cash deposit will become the property of the Pete’s Pier Marina if the protest is not upheld. Decision of the tournament committee will be final.
15. By entering into the tournament each contestant agrees to submit to polygraph testing and abide by its conclusion. The polygraph test(s) will be issued at the discretion of the tournament directors. A minimum of three (3) tests will be performed; First Place Overall, Second Place, and Third Place. The results of the polygraph test are final and cannot be protested or reviewed by a court of law. Failure to take, pass and\or submit to the polygraph will result in disqualification of entire team and forfeit all winnings awarded. Each contestant selected for polygraph must have in their possession a valid picture ID and Florida State fishing license. Captain listed on registration form is required to take test. Tests will be given on Sunday, May 10th, 2020. Winning Checks for chosen teams will be awarded after passing of the test.
16. Tournament Directors have the right to board any boat and view any marine, fishing equipment & boats GPS Track.
17. In the event of a tie, the boat/team that weighs in first breaks the tie.
18. ALL TOURNAMENT WINNERS MUST BE PRESENT AT TOURNAMENT AWARDS TO RECEIVE WINNINGS CHECK. Anyone receiving a check or prize from this Tournament must complete a W-
19. All payouts excluding first, second and third place are based on 150 boats. One additional Place Paid for every 10 boats Registered over 150 boats.
20. The tournament committee has the right to refuse entry to any applicant. In the event such refusal occurs, 100% of the applicant’s entry fee will be returned.
21. Registered boats must comply with State, Federal and U.S.C.G. safety and fishing regulations. All Pete’s Pier Marina Tournament Rules must be adhered to.
22. The decisions of the King of the Bay Tournament Committee and Weigh Master are final. Any captain or crew caught cheating will be disqualified from all future fishing tournaments.